Perth and Perthshire Branch of the RSCDS was established in 1925 and is one of 43 Scottish branches and one of 159 branches world-wide. We run dance classes to suit everyone – from children through beginners to the most advanced dancers. Every second year we get dressed up in all our finery for the Perth Ball – held in a local hotel. You can find our programme on the “RCSCD Events” page. And, if that’s not enough to satisfy your dance cravings, Perthshire has an abundance of dance clubs meeting in town halls, schools, church halls and community centres almost every night of the week. You can find out more here “Perthshire SCD events”.
Perth and Perthshire RSCDS is a Registered Scottish Charity SC024464.
Perth and Perthshire RSCDS Committee 2020/21
- Chairman: Allana Creighton
- Vice Chairman:
- Secretary: Sue James
- Treasurer: Judith Borup
- Members: Linda Carswell, Janice MacDonald, Janet Macdonald, Linda Magill
- Membership Secretary: Rhoda Purcell
- Website Manager: Susan Black
- Highland Gateway Editor: Rod Purcell
Perth and Perthshire RSCDS Branch Documents
- Website Subscription Letter Oct 2020 Web Version
- P&P Health & Safety Risk Assessment Final Nov 2020
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Practice Guidelines for RSCDS Branches and Affiliated Groups
- RSCDS Perth and Perthshire Branch Constitution Sept 2019
Branch AGM: This was held by Zoom due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
The 86th Annual General Meeting of the RSCDS Perth and Perthshire Branch was held by Zoom on Monday 19th October 2020 at 7.30pm.
Book of Perth Dances
Our branch has published a book of dances which have connections with Perth and Perthshire, either relating to the area or written for or by dancers within this area. Members were asked to submit dances for consideration and the working group selected the dances for publication. From 42 dances submitted, 12 were selected and Margaret Breckenridge won the competition to design the front cover of the book which is on sale for £2. The CD with James Coutts Scottish Country Dance Band to accompany the book, is available for £8. The book and CD can be bought together for £8. If you would like a copy – please contact us via the website.